Sunday, August 1, 2021

Dutch Pour Technique


I feel I have got the Blooms Technique done and dusted. A lot of trial and error. But, I get how to do it now. The next technique I want to master is the Dutch Pour.
The Dutch Pour technique uses a different consistency of paint to the Blooms Technique. The paint is of a much thinner consistency. So that it flows across the canvas or whatever you use more easily.
Here is one example I did (below), no way is it good. But, just shows how hard it is to get the paint just right, the art of holding the hair dryer to blow out the paint and so many other factors.



There are a couple of artists who are just wonderful to watch doing Dutch Pours. Kanella Ciraco , Mollys Artistry, Tammy Anderson. I will link their YouTube channels below. Well worth watching them.

I also understand now , that doing a Dutch Pour on a small sized canvas does not give you the room to get those lovely petals that others gain from blowing the paint out. You will see what I mean when you look at the YouTubers who do it so wonderfully.
So, the next time, I am going to go bigger. Let's see how that works out.
This is a small turntable I used. Just practicing so that I can do it on a bigger one for the centre of my table. Lazy Susan they call them here in Australia.
My paint recipe is based on Kanella Ciraco's Aussie paint mix. You can see her video on YouTube on how to mix.
Paints mixed with Australian Floetrol.
Colours used in this one -
Amsterdam - Titanium White for the base
Global - Metallic Gold
Mont Marte - Ultramarine Blue
Amsterdam - Primary Magenta
Mont Marte - Pearl Wine Red
Amsterdam - Turquoise


Link to my Facebook page - My Fluid Art Journey Facebook Page

I found a great selection of books and products on Amazon for Fluid Art.




click images below for more details  →  Fluid Art on Amazon


This little blower is great for those small art projects. 

Here is a great little starter kit with everything you need. 


For more ideas please click this link to take you to Amazon. Just scroll on down to find what you need.  → Amazon Fluid Art Supplies












I am a member of the Amazon Affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

#acrylicpouring #fluidart #acrylicpainting #fineart #pourpainting #artistry #colorpalette #artwork #artlovers #originalpainting #acrylic #craft



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fluid Art - My Journey